The outcome shown is based on the ASFA “Comfortable Retirement Standard” and uses data from www.superguru.com.au/calculators/super-detective.
This calculator is designed only to give you a guide as to whether you are on track to achieve the ASFA “Comfortable Retirement Standard”. It does not take into account your specific situation and it uses broad assumptions (see below).
It is not a substitute for financial advice and you should not rely on this calculator to make a decision about a particular financial product. We do not recommend you rely on this calculator and we accept no liability if you do so.
Factors such as investment returns, fees and laws around taxation and superannuation can, and do, change, which will affect future outcomes.
The calculator is based on the following assumptions:
- You are in the Accumulation Scheme (and/or other accumulation style super accounts, not a defined benefit account)
- You will work to age 67 with no breaks in your career and you will be eligible for super until you retire at 67.
- Your pre-tax income is around $65,000 per year.
- The “Comfortable Retirement Standard Balance” is $545,000 in today’s dollars for a single person and assumes you will draw down all your capital and receive a part age pension.
- Superannuation Guarantee paid by your employer increases with current law from 10% to 12% in 2025-26.
- Contributions tax is deducted at 15%.
- Investment returns used, before fees and taxes, are 6.7% (investment fees used are 0.7% of assets and the tax rate is 4.5%).
- Admin fees and insurance premiums from your super are assumed to be a combined total of $200 a year.
- It assumes your contributions and returns are credited to your account annually and that you make no personal contributions.
- The age used is based on your year of birth. It assumes that today is the day you turn the age you enter into the calculator.